[Ecls-list] bug in ecl_file_position_set

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Dec 27 11:35:45 UTC 2007

On Dec 27, 2007 9:39 AM, Dustin Long <dlong at stevens.edu> wrote:
> Okay ignore that last patch! It seems that calling ecl_force_output on
> an output stream in ecl_file_position_set shouldn't be done; it was
> causing strange errors during shut down. This patch is better, though. I
> tested it for a while and it didn't give me any problems.

Hi Dustin,

the first fix is the correct one. Obviously, one has to flush the
buffers of an output stream before changing the file position, this is
what the call to ecl_force_output() was doing. The second patch is
wrong and I would like to know what problems you experienced during
shut down because of the use of ecl_force_output(). Is it
reproducible? On what platform?