[Ecls-list] ffi broken in windows

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Dec 26 20:13:21 UTC 2007

On Dec 26, 2007, at 6:16 PM, Dustin Long wrote:
> I see. What is the overall goal with being allowed to load a FASL file more than once?

Well, a lisp file can also be seen as a script. Load it twice =
execute it twice. I use some programs like this. Also, sometimes a
fasl file initializes variables and function definitions, and by

In short: I do not want to remove this feature, and some other uses as
well, since I got complaints the very first time I disabled it.

But worry not, for there your problem and fasl loading are two
different things. You want to be able to reload libraries that have
changed. Well, one may add a flag to ecl_load_library and use one
version (the one that does not duplicate files) for the FFI and the
other version for implementing LOAD