[Ecls-list] gray-stream support

Anton Vodonosov avodonosov at yandex.ru
Wed Dec 26 01:13:01 UTC 2007

"Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll" <jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net> writes:

> On Dec 25, 2007 10:28 AM, Brian Spilsbury <brian.spilsbury at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> While gray-streams seem to be basically supported, there are a couple
>> of problems.
>>
>> STREAM-ELEMENT-TYPE and CLOSE should be generic functions.
>
> Not such a big issue. I will take note and add it as soon as I can --
> which is not now, since I am busy testing current CVS tree.

Also OPEN-STREAM-P doens't work. Test case:

  (defclass slime-input-stream
            ;; one colon doesn't work; symbol isn't exported?
            (ext::fundamental-character-input-stream) ())
  (setf s (make-instance 'slime-input-stream))
  (open-stream-p s)
  ;; at this point error is signaled:
  ;; #<a SLIME-INPUT-STREAM> is not of type STREAM..

Just guessing from souce, it may be fixed by adding
something like this in the begining of the cl_open_stream_p
function (src/c/file.d):

  #ifdef ECL_CLOS_STREAMS
      if (type_of(strm) == t_instance)
          return funcall(2, @'ext::stream-open-p, strm);
  #endif

Sorry, I'm not testing the fix, it's almost 3 a.m. here.

Best regards,
-Anton