[Ecls-list] Windows fixes and perhaps help required

Michael Abshoff Michael.Abshoff at fsmath.mathematik.uni-dortmund.de
Sat Dec 22 15:06:10 UTC 2007

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Juan,

> I am now testing the latest version of ECL with various windows
> environments. I found that the mingw port is broken and am in the
> process of fixing it. However, I have more urgent issues regarding the
> MSVC version.
>
> Summing up, I have updated the version that compiles with the
> Microsoft Visual Studio C++ environment, so that now the installation
> process is alwas of the flat-install kind, that is, all useful files
> in the same directory. The support files for creating installable
> executables have also been fixed. But I have run into an unexpected
> problem, which is that the executables _require_ a shared library,
> MSVCR80.DLL, to be already installed. Does anybody know whether it is
> possible to distribute this library or to point the user to a download
> point???

Check out

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=32bc1bee-a3f9-4c13-9c99-220b62a191ee&displaylang=en

for the "Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (x86)" package.

The same page also has a link to "Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1
Redistributable Package (x86)" in case you are using MSVC 2005 SP1.

> BTW, the fixes for the MSVC port have been already committed: (CVS
> 2007-12-22 14:56)
>
> Juanjo

Cheers,

Michael