[Ecls-list] Invalid C output at safety 0

Waldek Hebisch hebisch at math.uni.wroc.pl
Wed Dec 19 19:48:07 UTC 2007

> On Dec 19, 2007 2:30 AM, Waldek Hebisch <hebisch at math.uni.wroc.pl> wrote:
> > I wrote:
> > > I have fetched a new version from cvs, but build now fails.
> >
> > I forgot to add: I see the same failue on amd64 Debian and
> > amd64 Gentoo.
>
> Sorry, I must have committed the wrong file. I have fixed the fix.
>
> Juanjo

Now ecl build OK.  With the recent fixes to ECL FriCAS

http://fricas.sf.net

(as of svn revision 160) should build using ECL at safety 0.
However, I must say that performance (speed) is rather poor.
I hoped that lowering safety to 0 (from default 2) would improve
speed, but even at safety 0 ECL based FriCAS is much slower than
FriCAS based on other Lisps.  For example to run test suite
ECL based FriCAS needs 2 hours on 1.86 GHz Core 2, while Clisp
based FriCAS needs 32 minutes.

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
hebisch at math.uni.wroc.pl