[Ecls-list] Kamen Lisp - ECL embedded in Firefox

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Apr 6 14:39:00 UTC 2007

2007/4/6, Pierre THIERRY <nowhere.man at levallois.eu.org>:
> Is it already possible to disable some parts of the standard library? I
> suppose that would be quite useful in this case.

Hey, you can do that even in Common-Lisp. Packages are the way to go
and the ways to do that have been greatly discussed in comp.lang.lisp

> Is it a goal, even in the long term, to be able to run hostile code in
> ECL?

That is really not my priority right now. The file cage I will
probably add in the near future, though, because apart from that the
rest is a matter of doing things in Common-Lisp to remove functions
which you might think of as dangerous (Right now none comes to my
mind. The worst thing you can do in pure Common-Lisp is to trash your
Common-Lisp environment).