[Ecls-list] [Win32] Bad Image error when using asdf:operate

Jack Unrue jdunrue at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 00:28:14 UTC 2006

I have built ECL 0.9i on my Windows box using MinGW, installed it,
and it runs. However, when I try to use ASDF to load a library, I get
the Windows Bad Image error dialog. It looks like ECL is trying to
execute the ASD file (that is the filename mentioned in the error
dialog) as if it were a binary? The console output shows, e.g.,

> (asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op :cffi)
; c:/projects/third_party/asdf-repo/cffi-060606/cffi.asd into #<ASDF58 package>
Segmentation violation.
Broken at OPERATE.
ASDF58>>

My init file has (require 'asdf) and I see

at startup, so I believe I'm picking up the bundled ASDF instead
of some other version.

Any hints as to what I'm missing?

--
Jack Unrue