[Ecls-list] Recursive reading problem with strings

Goffioul Michael goffioul at imec.be
Fri Sep 22 12:21:15 UTC 2006

Hi,

I came across a very annoying problem while reading stuff from a gray
stream recursively. The situation is the following:

1) the LISP reader has read the beginning of a string and wait for the
   next character: the current string content is accumulated into
cl_env.token

2) with internal flags, I transfer the execution to some other function
   (I read the next char, and if it is a well recognized flag, I execute
   the function, then get back to reading the next char)

3) within this other function, I call READ-FROM-STRING: this has the
effect
   to erase the previously accumulated string content by setting the
   fill-pointer of cl_env.token to 0

As the two reading operation at point 1 and 3 share the same internal
buffer, they overwrite each other. I looked at the recursive-p flag
available in the READ routines, but it seems to only set system
variables,
it does not seem to save cl_env.token. Is there a workaround to this
problem?

Thanks,
Michael.