[Ecls-list] Anyone successfully built ECL-0.9i using VC8?

Dean O'Connor Dean.OConnor at ite.com.au
Tue Sep 19 02:24:59 UTC 2006

I was trying a few weeks ago with the VS2005 VC8 compiler (ie. not the
free one) and could not get it to fully kick over.

I also had to use the cygwin makeinfo.exe. If anyone can point me to a
standalone Windows versions that works with ECL I'd be gratefull.

I also came across that strlen problem. I did a hardcoded fix at the
time aswell.

If you look in the ECL archive (search for VC8) you can see the thread.

http://sourceforge.net/search/?group_id=30035&words=VC8%3F&type_of_searc
h=mlists&words=VC8&Search=Search

Michael did some fixes (I think) to solve this issue.
I have not had a chance to try it since. Will refresh from CVS now and
try and have a go today.

Personally I recommend working from CVS rather than the release
snapshots, especially when working with new compilers etc.

":D