[Ecls-list] New User on Windows Struggling

Goffioul Michael goffioul at imec.be
Mon Sep 4 08:35:59 UTC 2006

The generic installation procedure can be the following:

1) make sure you have a working Windows development environment:
    - either you have Visual Studio
    - or you download/install free Windows compilers available and
Platform SDK
2) start a command prompt with correct environment:
    - usually, the compiler/SDK installation dirs contain batch script
to setup
      everything (VC6: VCVARS32.BAT, .NET SDK: sdkvars.bat, ...)
3) edit msvc\Makefile to configure the target installation dir (change
the "prefix"
    variable)
4) NMAKE
5) NMAKE flatinstall

Note: the software version is just indeed not the right one, the
Makefile should
be updated.

Michael.