[Ecls-list] load-foreign-library

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Oct 23 15:52:07 UTC 2006

2006/10/22, Rick Taube <taube at uiuc.edu>:
> > I think I have a simple fix. Can you edit cffi/src/cffi-ecl.lisp and
> > change the definition of %load-foreign-library to look as follows?
> >
> > (defun %load-foreign-library (name)
> >  "Load a foreign library from NAME."
> >  (si:load-foreign-module name))
>
> Juan -- This new defun didnt help because si:load-foreign-module cant
> seem to load the lib at all:

I have found the problem. ECL currently uses the function NSLinkModule
and NSCreateObjectFileImageFromFile, but these seem unable to load
shared libraries and are restricted to bundles (the type with which
*.fas files are created).

Since OS X 10.4 supports dlopen() I am replacing these functions with
this more standard mechanism and seeing what comes out. I will keep
you informed.