[Ecls-list] Fwd: Re: Re: latest cvs update fails on cygwin

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Oct 22 17:39:02 UTC 2006

2006/10/22, Larry Clapp <larry at theclapp.org>:
> > SI> (round 0.3)
> > #<a DIVISION-BY-ZERO>
> > Top level.
> > #<a DIVISION-BY-ZERO>
> > Top level.
> > SI>>>
>
> In ecl_min, CL:ROUND fails on any floating point number -- but only
> under Cygwin.  Under Linux and Win32 native it works just fine.

I know this is asking too much, but would it be possible for you to
debug ecl_min.exe? You just need to launch the program from inside
GDB, write (ROUND 0.3d0) and provide me with the backtrace of what
happened. The code that is invoked, round_double() in num_co.d is
pretty innocent: it uses only floor() and performs no division by
values which could be potentially zero!