[Ecls-list] load-foreign-library

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Oct 21 17:45:57 UTC 2006

2006/10/21, Rick Taube <taube at uiuc.edu>:
> > might not work and it is time for me to ask whether your platform
> > allows for a dynamic FFI and whether it has been compiled in (Symbol
> > :DFFI should be in *FEATURES*). I\
>
> thanks for the explanation. im on osx/pcc so dffi is not supported
> there:

yeah, still working on that and on my own interest: my main computer
is an iBook G4!

> im confused becuase the code in cffi-ecl.lisp indicates that i
> should  be able to use ffi:load-foreign-library with a consant name
> instead:
> however, when I add this to my ffi file:
>
>         #+ecl (FFI:LOAD-FOREIGN-LIBRARY "/usr/local/lib/libportmidi.dylib")
>         #-ecl (cffi:load-foreign-library *libportmidi*)
>
> if i both compile and load my ffi file it loads (but nothing works):
> if i restart ecl and just load the .fas then the file  doesn load:

Is the FFI:LOAD-FOREIGN-LIBRARY a toplevel statement??? If so, then
you should see that the library gets added to the arguments of GCC
when you compile that file. If this does not happen, something strange
is going on.

Cheers,