[Ecls-list] Please help

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Oct 18 17:58:26 UTC 2006

[Sorry for the dupe Daniel, I set the list up so that only subscribed
people can write emails, but I often forget to use the right address!]

2006/10/18, Daniel Dickison <danieldickison at cmu.edu>:
> The problem is that <table> elements
> (apparently) don't inherit from <body> while <p> does -- I guess this
> is according to the CSS specs, but it always throws me off.

This page
    http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Fixing_Table_Inheritance_in_Quirks_Mode
says this is a legacy bug in the navigators.. This is a "quirk" from
the old Netscape days. This browser would always render the tables in
the font defined by the user and not in the one defined in BODY. This
bug is intentionally preserved on the newer browsers, which by default
navigate in a "quirk" mode instead of in a "standards compliant" mode.

I found a simple fix: just add
   table { font: inherit; }
to the CSS