[Ecls-list] Docbook

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Oct 16 19:19:03 UTC 2006

2006/10/16, Rick Taube <taube at uiuc.edu>:
> forgot to say cm uses a css style sheet, is xhtml 1.0 strict with
> very clean markup. not sure about cffi.

I think we are talking about different things :-) I do not intend to
write the manual in xhtml because that is sticking to a format that
cannot be transformed. I am writing it in DocBook, which is the xml
format from the Gnome and KDE projects for instance.

DocBook files are transformed into HTML, XHTML, PDF, or any other
format by a XML processor. It is this step that I need to slightly
customize in order to produce the right  looking document.

Actually, now that I think about it I only need to get the CSS into
the HTML files and that could be done by a script that works on the
final HTMLs not on the XMLs.

Juanjo.