[Ecls-list] cl-launch and ECL

Rick Taube taube at uiuc.edu
Sat Oct 14 13:26:47 UTC 2006

On Oct 13, 2006, at 11:06 PM, Faré wrote:

> I'm trying to dump a fasl that will have all the software defined in a
> simple declaration of (optional file, optional asdf system, optional
> forms). As long as I don't declare a system, I can dump things quite
> all right. But if I define a system, then I get a segmentation fault
> when trying to load it.

I am having a very similar problem: when i include a .o of my asdf
definition file in my standalone app the program breaks  with:

	galen:/Lisp/cm hkt$ ./cm
	NIL is not of type (OR FILE-STREAM STRING PATHNAME).
	Top level.

my asdf definition file works fine in a normal ecl environment and in
every other lisp.

as as test i built a standalone app with ONLY my asdf file in it,
that test app exhbits the same error.

since there is no backtrace at this error i started evalling each
form in my .asd file in the standalone's repl to determine wich form
in the .asd file triggers the problem. i think ive determined that
the problem is triggerd when asdf:defsystem form itself is
encountered in the startup process because all forms before the
defsystem were bound/evalled and none of the definitoin forms after
it were defined, presumably because the error aborted their evaluation.

also if i eval my defsystem form by hand in the standalone repl i get
a similar error

	NIL is not of type (OR FILE-STREAM STRING PATHNAME).
	Broken at ASDF::RESOLVE-SYMLINKS.
	>> :b
	Backtrace: ASDF::RESOLVE-SYMLINKS > eval

so im guessing that the macroexpansion of asdf:defsystem must be
assuming something about a loading lisp file evironment that is not
present in the standalone app.

--rick