[Ecls-list] Upcoming patches

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Oct 13 17:23:49 UTC 2006

Hi,

I am right now working on a set of patches which implement the
long-double type using ISO C99 "long double" data type. This may lead
to some instability in the source tree, so people are advised to stay
away from CVS until further notice. The CVS tag for the code before
the changes is ECL_STABLE.

For the daring ones, the patch is heavily based on Lars Birkhoff's
changes, and as such I have introduced both the machinery for long
double and most of the code for immediate shorts. I had to make
several changes on other places, such as the type system, arrays
upgrading, etc, and there are still things to be polished: for
instance, the bignum <-> long-float conversion is not as accurate as
it could be.

Regards

Max-Planck-Institut für Quantenoptik
Hans-Kopfermann-Str. 1, Garching, D-85748, Germany
Phone: +49 89 32905 345   Fax: +49 89 32905 336
http://www.mpq.mpg.de/Theorygroup/CIRAC/