[Ecls-list] sttandalone linking problem

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Oct 13 15:32:24 UTC 2006

2006/10/13, Rick Taube <taube at uiuc.edu>:
> im trying to build a standalone app in ecl. everything compiles fine
> with :system-p t but i get an error about multiple definitions of a
> symbol _init_CM when linking:

Do you have both a file cm.asd and cm.lisp or cm.lsp laying around?
Or do you call your module CM? In both cases, either when two files
have a similar name, or when the final module has the same name as one
of the compiled file, you will get conflicts.

Set the value of *init-function-prefix* for instance to "CM" to prefix
all the compiled files with "CM_" and thus avoid conflicts.

I know it is a hack, but I do not know a better solution.

Max-Planck-Institut für Quantenoptik
Hans-Kopfermann-Str. 1, Garching, D-85748, Germany
Phone: +49 89 32905 345   Fax: +49 89 32905 336
http://www.mpq.mpg.de/Theorygroup/CIRAC/