[Ecls-list] [cffi-devel] More patches for ECL

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Oct 12 22:15:57 UTC 2006

2006/10/13, Luís Oliveira <luismbo at gmail.com>:
> On 10/11/06, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll <jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> > + ECL supplies its own version of RT hence this need not appear in the
> > ASDF cffi-test.
>
> Minus the RT changes that would break Lispworks and we prefer to use
> the asdf-installable RT for all Lisps anyway. (Hmm, I think we even
> had a good reason, though I can't quite remember.)

Why does a change prefixed by #+ecl / #-ecl affect other implementations?

Also you are forcing people to install a version of RT which is
basically the one with ECL, though ours output more useful
information, such as the message of a condition when the output is
one.

Anyway, when I find time I will finish the support for statically
compiled callbacks.

Max-Planck-Institut für Quantenoptik
Hans-Kopfermann-Str. 1, Garching, D-85748, Germany
Phone: +49 89 32905 345   Fax: +49 89 32905 336
http://www.mpq.mpg.de/Theorygroup/CIRAC/