[Ecls-list] Problems with pathnames

Paulo Jabardo pjabardo at yahoo.com.br
Tue Nov 28 17:57:20 UTC 2006

Hello, I'm trying to port Peter Seibel's portable pathname library to ecl. I had problems using version 0.9i due to a bug already discussed (problems with files with no extensions or file "." that would be treated as ".". So I'm using the cvs version.

Now I'm having anonther bug. This function (from PCL)
(defun directory-wildcard (dirname)
  (make-pathname
   :name :wild
   :type #-clisp :wild #+clisp nil
   :defaults (pathname-as-directory dirname)))
Calling the above function,
> (setf w (directory-wildcard "."))
#P"./*.*"
> (directory w)
NIL
> (pathname-directory w)
(:RELATIVE ".")

Now using #P"./*.*" directly, I get the expected results:
>(directory #P"./*.*")
every file in the directory (it does not print the subdirectories)
> (pathname-directory #P"./*.*")
(:RELATIVE)

In SBCL, I get
(:RELATIVE ".") in both cases.