[Ecls-list] About Embed ECL into C programs

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Nov 19 09:57:45 UTC 2006

2006/11/19, Huang Jianshi <hadeshuang at gmail.com>:
> gcc -I"/usr/local/lib/ecl/" lisp_interface.c
>
> In file included from lisp_interface.c:2:
> lisp/player.c: In function 'L1change_cards_entry':
> lisp/player.c:3: error: 'VT2' undeclared (first use in this function)
> lisp/player.c:3: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> [...]
> What's the problem?

lisp/player.c has been generated by the C-to-lisp translator. What is
that file supposed to do and why are you compiling it by hand? You do
not explain very clearly what are the steps you follow and what you
want to do.

1) Do you want to build a lisp standalone program? Then
http://ecls.sourceforge.net/new-manual/ch18s06.html#id2546104

2) Do you already have a C program and want to embed ECL and some lisp
code? Then you should probably look at XChat-ECL, an example of
embedding ECL into a C program (XChat)
http://sourceforge.net/projects/xchatlisp/

Regards,