[Ecls-list] Help with NetBSD anyone?

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Nov 5 14:59:33 UTC 2006

2006/11/5, Julian Stecklina <der_julian at web.de>:
> Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll wrote:
> > I have been setting up a virtual machine with NetBSD/x86 and found
> > some problems when configuring ECL. Namely, the configuration script
> > likes to use /bin/ksh (Korn Shell) but this guy fails when running the
> > config.sub script. Actually, when I type from the command line
> >
> >           /bin/ksh $HOME/src/ecl/src/gmp/config.sub sun4
> >
> > It complains with a message "cannot run /home/Jjgarcia/src..." Does
> > anyone know whether this is a bug in ksh?
>
> Why is it trying ksh at all? Is there no plain /bin/sh on NetBSD?

The configuration script runs over all available shells and runs a
number of compatibility tests /bin/sh fails them, /bin/ksh does not;
but the latter fails to even run the machine identification script,
config.sub.

Setting CONFIG_SHELL=/usr/pkg/bin/bash avoids those tests and makes
the NetBSD port compile. Incidentally, I got successful builds of
FreeBSD 6.1 and OpenBSD 4.0, all of them on ix86 32 bits.

I would like to look into the FreeBSD port (one could reuse the system
GMP and Boehm-gc libraries) and create NetBSD/OpenBSD packages as
well.