[Ecls-list] Help with NetBSD anyone?

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Nov 5 11:21:13 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have been setting up a virtual machine with NetBSD/x86 and found
some problems when configuring ECL. Namely, the configuration script
likes to use /bin/ksh (Korn Shell) but this guy fails when running the
config.sub script. Actually, when I type from the command line

          /bin/ksh $HOME/src/ecl/src/gmp/config.sub sun4

It complains with a message "cannot run /home/Jjgarcia/src..." Does
anyone know whether this is a bug in ksh?

I am writing now the installation instructions for NetBSD and I will
have to suggest installing "bash" and using

         CONFIG_SHELL=/usr/pkg/bin/bash ./configure

This fixes it, but I find it stupid having to install another shell
just to build ECL. It is also funny that the other BSDs do not seem to
have this problem. Does anyone here know enough NetBSD to help me out?

TIA