[Ecls-list] windows build fail

Dustin Long dlong at stevens.edu
Sun Nov 5 00:37:38 UTC 2006

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll wrote:
> 2006/11/4, Dustin Long <dlong at stevens.edu>:
>
>> The newest cvs fails building on windows using VC++. It gives a linking
>> error against "va_copy", which is called in eval.d, and seems to be
>> relatively recent. It seems as though this function is gcc specific, and
>> I don't know of a similar replacement for windows. Anyone know a fix?
>>

> va_copy is ISO C. It is probably not supported by VC. I will issue a
> replacement when I finish installing my new windows machine.
> Please be patient.
>
> Juanjo

I see. Seems it was a GNU extension but got standardized.
Would this do? According to vc6's stdarg.h va_list is just a struct
containing the stack pointer and an offset. ECL seems to build fine and
work if I include it.

ecl.h:

#if defined(_MSC_VER) || !defined(va_copy)
#define va_copy(dst, src) \
    ((void) memcpy(&(dst), &(src), sizeof(va_list)))
#endif

Dustin