[Ecls-list] CL-Containers error on ECL

Greg Pfeil sellout42 at mac.com
Wed May 31 21:57:11 UTC 2006

On 31 May 2006, at 5:06, Gary King wrote:

> Thanks for the update. Can you post a backtrace?

Oh, right ... I kind of forget ECL even has them ;)

;;; Compiling (DEFCLASS CONTENTS-AS-HASHTABLE-MIXIN ...).
;;; Warning: Class KEY-VALUE-ITERATABLE-CONTAINER-MIXIN has been
forward referenced.
There is no method on the generic function CONTENTS that agrees on
qualifiers NIL and specializers (#<The STANDARD-CLASS
CONTENTS-AS-HASHTABLE-MIXIN>)
Broken at LAMBDA.
METABANG.CL-CONTAINERS>> :b
Backtrace: > LAMBDA > lambda > lambda > clos:ensure-class > eval
METABANG.CL-CONTAINERS>>

And I just connected to it via slime-connect, which gave me the same
error, but with some additional output:

;;; Compiling (DEFCLASS CONTENTS-AS-HASHTABLE-MIXIN ...).
;;; Warning: Class KEY-VALUE-ITERATABLE-CONTAINER-MIXIN has been
forward referenced.
;;; Compiling (CLOS:ENSURE-CLASS 'CONTENTS-AS-HASHTABLE-MIXIN ...).
;;; The form (CLOS:ENSURE-CLASS 'CONTENTS-AS-HASHTABLE-MIXIN
:DIRECT-SUPERCLASSES '(USES-CONTENTS-MIXIN
KEY-VALUE-ITERATABLE-CONTAINER-MIXIN FINDABLE-CONTAINER-MIXIN)
:DIRECT-SLOTS '((:NAME CONTENTS :INITFORM CLOS::+INITFORM-UNSUPPLIED+
:INITFUNCTION NIL :INITARGS NIL :READERS (CONTENTS) :WRITERS ((SETF
CONTENTS)) :ALLOCATION :INSTANCE :DOCUMENTATION NIL))) was not
evaluated successfully.
;;; You are recommended to compile again.
CL-USER>

which looks like this when cleaned up:

(CLOS:ENSURE-CLASS 'CONTENTS-AS-HASHTABLE-MIXIN
                    :DIRECT-SUPERCLASSES '(USES-CONTENTS-MIXIN

KEY-VALUE-ITERATABLE-CONTAINER-MIXIN
                                           FINDABLE-CONTAINER-MIXIN)
                    :DIRECT-SLOTS '((:NAME CONTENTS
                                     :INITFORM
CLOS::+INITFORM-UNSUPPLIED+
                                     :INITFUNCTION NIL
                                     :INITARGS NIL
                                     :READERS (CONTENTS)
                                     :WRITERS ((SETF CONTENTS))
                                     :ALLOCATION :INSTANCE
                                     :DOCUMENTATION NIL)))

Nothing there that jumps out at me, but others might know better. If I
evaluate that form in a fresh REPL, it works fine:

CL-USER> (CLOS:ENSURE-CLASS 'CONTENTS-AS-HASHTABLE-MIXIN ...)
;;; Warning: Class USES-CONTENTS-MIXIN has been forward referenced.
;;; Warning: Class KEY-VALUE-ITERATABLE-CONTAINER-MIXIN has been
forward referenced.
;;; Warning: Class FINDABLE-CONTAINER-MIXIN has been forward referenced.
#<The STANDARD-CLASS CONTENTS-AS-HASHTABLE-MIXIN>
CL-USER>

Well, that's what I could find out. Anyone have any ideas?