[Ecls-list] CL-Containers error on ECL

Greg Pfeil sellout42 at mac.com
Wed May 31 04:23:49 UTC 2006

On May 25, 2006, at 6:42 AM, Gary King wrote:

>> ;;; Compiling /Users/gwking/.asdf-install-dir/site/closer-mop/ecl/
>> closer-mop-packages.lisp.Cannot find symbol "COMPUTE-
>> DISCRIMINATING-FUNCTION" in package #<"CLOS" package>
>> Broken at EVAL.
>> CLOSER-MOP>>
>
> I'm not sure how to proceed from here. Also, does apropos not work
> in ECL? I tried things like (apropos "bind") and got no results.

Ok, I have the newest darcs on the whole stack up to CL-Containers on
my Intel MacBook, and with my standard-accessor-method patch, I see:

There is no method on the generic function METABANG.CL-
CONTAINERS:CONTENTS that agrees on qualifiers NIL and specializers
(#<The STANDARD-CLASS CONTENTS-AS-HASHTABLE-MIXIN>)
    [Condition of type SIMPLE-ERROR]

Which is the same error I was seeing on my Linux box, so we have
parity of a sort. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten a chance to sit
down at my PPC Mac in a while, so I still don't know what's going on
there. But now I know I see the issue across various x86 systems.
Also, SBCL has no problem with any of this.