[Ecls-list] make-load-form fix

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll lisp at arrakis.es
Fri May 26 08:57:08 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-05-26 at 17:44 +0200, Julian Stecklina wrote:
> Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll <lisp at arrakis.es> writes:
> > the patch below should not be required. If the list contains objects
> > that must be built using MAKE-LOAD-FORM then the compiler should detect
> > it. Otherwise, one setf statement per array element is an overkill.
> >
> > Can you show me a code that breaks with the current version?
>
> See below. [...]
> init is not declared. But you could return nil as second value. But this
> has another problem, when the array in question references it self. When
> you compile and load the following example, (aref *blub* 1) will be 0,
> which is clearly wrong. The struct in the array is needed, because
> otherwise this code path would not be executed.

Ok, I see the typo in the original code. But I think it is much simpler
to create a constant list with the initial data except for sites which
reference the array itself or other non-printable structures. The latter
would then appear in a smaller number of initialization statements. I
will code that later.

> (On a sidenote: If you
> compile this file, start a new instance of ECL and load it, it will
> complain about a missing class FOO. Bug?)

I will look into that.