[Ecls-list] GMP CFLAGS

Julian Stecklina der_julian at web.de
Sat May 13 15:05:05 UTC 2006

Hello,

if you configure ECL with --with-system-gmp you need to set CFLAGS and
LDFLAGS "manually" via e.g. env CFLAGS=... LDFLAGS=... ./configure in
order to compile ECL, if your GMP is in, say, /usr/local. This creates a
problem, if you try to compile C applications that want to link to
libecl.so, as ecl-config --{c,ld}flags does not return those flags
neccessary to find libgmp.so and the compilation fails. Of course, this
is suboptimal, since the knowledge of ECL's build process is required to
build 3rd party apps.

The attached proof-of-concept patch adds --with-gmp-incdir and
--with-gmp-libdir arguments to configure that propagate these flags to
ecl-config. My autoconf skills are very limited, so be kind. ;)