[closer-devel] Re: [Ecls-list] Closer to MOP for ecl

Gregory Martin Pfeil sellout42 at mac.com
Thu May 11 08:48:03 UTC 2006

On 11 May 2006, at 6:36, Gary King wrote:

> I'm following this discussion and will look into how I do things
> later today...
>
> On May 11, 2006, at 4:53 AM, Pascal Costanza wrote:
>
>> OK, I will probably add the accessor-method-related classes. For
>> eql-specializer, I don't think it's a good idea to define a class
>> because I define eql-specializer as a type instead. So there is
>> probably now a nameclash between the type and the class here.

Well, I didn't see eql-specializer imported into closer-mop, or
implemented (but it was exported, IIRC).

>> I have used the type definition for eql-specializer already in
>> other CLOS MOP implementations, so Moptilities probably already
>> has the conditionalization that would only be needed to be
>> switched on for ecl. (But I am just guessing.) Maybe ask Gary King
>> about this.

I think moptilities is using it like this:

(defgeneric eql-specializer-p (obj)
   (:documentation "")
   (:method ((obj eql-specializer)) t)
   (:method (obj) nil))

which, since eql-specializer is a type should probably be changed to

(defgeneric eql-specializer-p (obj)
   (:documentation "")
   (:method (obj) (typep obj 'eql-specializer)))