[Ecls-list] Closer to MOP for ecl

Pascal Costanza pc at p-cos.net
Thu May 11 01:55:03 UTC 2006

On 10 May 2006, at 19:49, Greg Pfeil wrote:

> On 10 May 2006, at 8:41, Pascal Costanza wrote:
>
>> On 10 May 2006, at 00:22, Greg Pfeil wrote:
>>
>>> I'm very excited by how this is coming along. Unfortunately, I
>>> still can't use a current CL-Containers, since it depends on
>>> Moptilities, which requires STANDARD-READER-METHOD, which ECL
>>> still doesn't have. Is this correct, Pascal, or should S-R-M be
>>> there, and I've got something wrong elsewhere?
>>
>> This is correct, standard-accessor-method and its subclasses are
>> not available. Maybe you can just define them by saying (defclass
>> c2mop::standard-accessor-method (standard-method) ()), etc.,
>> export standard-accessor-method, etc., from c2mop, and then see if
>> you get farther than before.
>
> Yep, that worked. I had to do the same for EQL-SPECIALIZER to get
> through Moptilities. I've got another problem with CL-Containers
> now, but it appears to be non-MOP related :)

OK, I will probably add the accessor-method-related classes. For eql-
specializer, I don't think it's a good idea to define a class because
I define eql-specializer as a type instead. So there is probably now
a nameclash between the type and the class here.

I have used the type definition for eql-specializer already in other
CLOS MOP implementations, so Moptilities probably already has the
conditionalization that would only be needed to be switched on for
ecl. (But I am just guessing.) Maybe ask Gary King about this.

Pascal

--
Pascal Costanza, mailto:pc at p-cos.net, http://p-cos.net
Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Programming Technology Lab