[Ecls-list] Re: CFFI-Grovel and ECL

Greg Pfeil sellout42 at mac.com
Tue May 9 14:05:02 UTC 2006

Ok, I think I got something good. Adding

   (defmethod asdf:perform ((op asdf:load-source-op)
                            (component cffi-grovel-file))
     (let* ((input-name (namestring
                         (asdf:component-pathname component)))
            (base-name (remove-suffix input-name +input-suffix+))
            (intermediate-output-name (concatenate 'string
                                                   base-name

+intermediate-output-suffix+)))
       (process-grovel-file base-name)
       (load intermediate-output-name)))

seems to do good things. This might not be the last step, but it gets
us a bit farther, at least.

Also, there was a little bug in asdf-ecl.lisp, where it expected
dependencies to always be strings, never symbols. I've attached a patch
for that.