[Ecls-list] Re: CFFI-Grovel and ECL

Dan Knapp dankna at accela.net
Mon May 8 16:14:01 UTC 2006

   Well, I was originally working on the assumption that the cffi-
grovel perform method wasn't getting called at all.  But I just
realized that it actually could be getting called and there still
wouldn't be any effect.  The asdf-ecl perform method does:

     (apply #'c::builder (build-op-type o) out-file :lisp-files obj-
files (build-op-args o))

   In other words, it calls an internal ecl function, giving it the
names which it thinks are the names of the object files... but if
those names are wrong, it won't work.  I note that it gets those
names from two very different places depending on the setting of
build-op-monolithic.  Have you tried it both ways?

-- Dan Knapp