[Ecls-list] News about CVS & MOP

Pascal Costanza pc at p-cos.net
Sat Mar 25 06:53:05 UTC 2006

On 20 Mar 2006, at 10:57, Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll wrote:

> What I have not yet implemented is the standard-accessor-method. I
> would
> like to understand why this is really needed and how it should work. I
> have read my copy of the AMOP and the specification is rather weak.

My guess is that standard-accessor-method, standard-reader-method and
standard-writer-method only exist for optimization purposes. Based on
the class of a method, compute-effective-method, for example, can
then decide to inline slot access more aggressively because it knows
what the method bodies of accessor methods look like. Something along
these lines...

Pascal

--
Pascal Costanza, mailto:pc at p-cos.net, http://p-cos.net
Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Programming Technology Lab