[Ecls-list] GC_dont_gc not available anymore

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll lisp at arrakis.es
Wed Mar 8 01:49:05 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-08 at 09:35 +0100, Goffioul Michael wrote:
> > Regarding the inclusion of gc.h, I have problems when I try
> > to include this header in config.h. The reason is that
> > functions and variables declared in this file are declared as
> > exported from a dll. This makes it impossible to link
> > ecl_min.exe properly.
>
> Well, I just tried to include gc.h directly from config.h as for
> other builds and... it just worked. I could completely compile ECL
> and install it. Then I tried to recompile MatLISP (which makes use
> of GC_dont_gc) and it also worked.

Hmm, the errors I got were related to a missing symbol _GC_dont_gc, or
something similar. It must have been that the declaration of GC_dont_gc
in external.h and the one in gc.h conflicted. Now the former has
disappeared, one can include gc.h.

I am rebuilding ECL again with the free compiler and things seem to
work.