[Ecls-list] MSVC build errors for latest CVS

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll lisp at arrakis.es
Thu Mar 2 07:07:01 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-03-02 at 09:46 +1100, Dean O'Connor wrote:
> well I have done a clean checkout from CVS twice now (in new
> directories) and build still fails with same issues.
> The only thing I change is adding "ECL_THREADS   = 1" to the msvc/Makefile.
> [...]
> I have also done a "cvs update -C -P -d" on my gentoo linux elcs
> project. Configured with "--enable-threads".
> I get pretty much the same errors/problems.

I have noticed that there were some directories missing in the msvc
tree. Namely, msvc/gc, msvc/gc/private, msvc/c/ecl, did not get
committed to CVS. Besides, src/c/alloc_2.d had a wrong definition to a C
macro THREADS which is now called ECL_THREADS.

I have fixed both things in CVS. Now all my machines can build ECL from
the developers CVS tree, including MSVC + THREADS. However, for this I
had to tweak src/c/tcp.d because it used winsock2.h, which in the free
version lacked some of the definitions used there. Furthermore, that
code assumed "errno" is a variable, which is not the case in the
multithreaded version.

I will download ECL from Sourceforge later on using the anonymous CVS
and report here whether I see differences with it.

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards

Max-Planck-Institut für Quantenoptik
Hans-Kopfermann-Str. 1, Garching, D-85748, Germany
Phone: +49 89 32905 345   Fax: +49 89 32905 336
http://www.mpq.mpg.de/Theorygroup/CIRAC/