[Ecls-list] Clean ECL exit problem

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 29 16:20:51 UTC 2006

2006/6/26, Goffioul Michael <goffioul at imec.be>:

> I don't have a solution neither. Such flag could help, but I still
> have to check if this is really the cause of my MATLAB crash
> (it only occurs under Linux, not Windows).

Due to a message of yours having bounced from one of the list receivers, I
got to know about your last post, but it does not appear in the mailing
list.

You suggested rewriting QUIT so that it throws to an enclosing catch. I do
not like the idea, because it forces the enclosing code to use SI:TOPLEVEL.
I would rather signal a condition, EXT:EXIT-PROGRAM, and set as default
handler a function that invokes EXIT. This allows you to override the
handler with your own routine and in case that the user provides no handler
it will have the expected behavior.

However, that will have to wait. I am now packing ECL for a new release
before I travel away next week.

Regards,

Max-Planck-Institut für Quantenoptik
Hans-Kopfermann-Str. 1, Garching, D-85748, Germany
Phone: +49 89 32905 345   Fax: +49 89 32905 336
http://www.mpq.mpg.de/Theorygroup/CIRAC/