[Ecls-list] Compileing example

Knut Olav Bøhmer bohmer at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 08:19:33 UTC 2006

On 6/16/06, Goffioul Michael <goffioul at imec.be> wrote:
> > When I'm compileing the example from
> > http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=7405209
> >
> > I get an error:
> >
> > gcc -Wall -o test test.c -lecl -L/usr/lib/ecl -I/usr/lib/ecl/
> >
> > test.c: In function 'main':
> > test.c:32: warning: implicit declaration of function 'basename'
> > test.c:32: warning: format '%s' expects type 'char *', but
> > argument 2 has type 'int'
> > test.c:66: error: too few arguments to function 'si_safe_eval'
> >
> > What is it, and how can it be fixed?
>
> si::safe-eval (see src/lsp/top.lsp) needs to be called with 3
> arguments: (form env err-value). In C form, this means for instance
>
> si_safe_eval(4, bytecode, Cnil, c_string_to_object("ERROR"));

Aha! This is valuable information which I can learn from.
Now I have a different problem. From the cvs version I get
"undefined reference to 'make_simple_string',
 which I not get from the debian-testing-packed-version.
A search through the code, shows me that there is no such function from the cvs.
Is the function changed to something else?

--
Knut Olav Bøhmer