[Ecls-list] ECL re-entrant?

Brad Beveridge brad.beveridge at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 17:05:52 UTC 2006

Hi all, is ECL re-entrant?  I suspect that it is not :)
I have a strange situation, the short story is:
ECL is embedded in Vim, and we have modified Vim to support callbacks
when data is present on a socket (file descriptor really).  If I make
ECL write data to an echo server, I manage to crash Vim and ECL.  A
call stack in gdb shows me that the the PC is in ECL, and about the
last thing that I see is something along the lines of
Error "1" is not a function, or Error "(12 3)" is a list not a
function.  It as if ECL has tried to execute
(funcall '(12 3))

Any thoughts on these bizarre errors?  If you'd like to check out ECL
in Vim, look here http://theclapp.org/repos/
If you'd like to take a look at some crude test code that shows up the
problem, please look to
http://www.lispniks.com/pipermail/slim-vim/2006-June/000143.html and
the attached files.

Cheers