[Ecls-list] ECL web server

Radoslav Atanasov rsdevelop at gmail.com
Sat Jun 3 11:41:40 UTC 2006

Hi!
(Juanjo, excuse me for sending this mail twice, but I forgot to CC the
mailing list :-D.)

Today I succesfully "asdf:load-op"-ed TBNL with ECL. I needed two minor
modifications, both related to the ECL's LOOP implementation. (BTW I also
had this problem while trying to compile the other CL web servers I
found...).

The one case was KMRCL's remove-keyword function (kmrcl/lists.lisp):

(defun remove-keyword (key arglist
)
  (loop for sublist = arglist then rest until (null sublist)
    for (elt arg . rest
) = sublist
    unless (eq key elt) append (list
 elt arg))

I got the following message:
;;; Compiling (DEFUN REMOVE-KEYWORD ...).
Iteration in LOOP follows body code.
Current LOOP context: FOR (ELT ARG . REST) = SUBLIST UNLESS.
Broken at MACROEXPAND.
KMRCL>>

So I made trivial replacement for this functoin and for another one in
tbnl/modlisp.lisp (which won't be used until we port mod_lisp to ECL). You
can see the code here - http://rsrado.wikispaces.com/TBNL+on+ECL .

In TBNL's documentation is written that it has simple build in web server,
so I'll try to use it (haven't tried yet).

A second issue, is that asdf:make-build often complains with something like
this:
:KMRCL is not of type STRING.
Broken at ASDF:OPERATE.
I suppose it don't know how to coerce keywords to strings in system
definitions. When in the ASD file I change :KMRCL to "KMRCL" it works... But
it'a boring taks ;)

Regards,
Rado