[Ecls-list] FFI: missing declaration garbles return value

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll lisp at arrakis.es
Mon Feb 13 00:43:02 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-02-11 at 20:52 +0100, Michael Wildpaner wrote:
> when declaring C foreign functions with the FFI, no function signature of
> the called function is fed to the C compiler.

ECL always expected you to include the C headers for functions you link.
I can fix this and include an option for automatically generating
function declarations, but this should be optional, as the declarations
created by the FFI will sometimes be incompatible with those of the
headers (for instance, when your function uses pointers to structures).