[Ecls-list] A christmas gift of unboxed functions, etc (experimental)

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Dec 28 18:14:49 UTC 2006

2006/12/28, Dave Roberts <dave at vyatta.com>:
> Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll wrote:
> >  - MAKE-ARRAY accepts a foreign pointer as an argument to :DISPLACED-TO That
> >    creates a lisp array on top of the foreign data and can be used to directly
> >    scan C strings, or unboxed arrays of numbers.
>
> Does this require one to also use :ELEMENT-TYPE ? Or does it assume a
> particular element type (e.g. (UNSIGNED-BYTE 8) )?

You have to supply an element type. But be careful: ELEMENT-TYPE = T
sees the foreign region as an array of pointers and that can be
dangerous. I am not sure whether I should add a check that prevents
this.

Dpto. de Fisica Teorica I, Fac. de CC Fisicas, Universidad Complutense,
http://teorica.fis.ucm.es/~jjgarcia/