[Ecls-list] Fwd: Re: A christmas gift of unboxed functions, etc (experimental)

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Dec 25 09:55:01 UTC 2006

2006/12/25, Brian Spilsbury <brian.spilsbury at gmail.com>:
> Hello, included is a patch which probably should be broken up into
> smaller pieces, but I thought it might make for nice christmas
> viewing.

Great, Santa has come tonight :-)

> Consider this 'for review', it has not been tested too extensively.
> (i) supports unboxed function interfaces for top-level functions with
> declared arguments and/or returns.
> (ii) produces a boxed alternative for such functions.
> (iii) extends si::c-export-fname to support ("c-name" lisp-name) -- in
> which case "c-name" is used without mangling.

It contains great many enhancements. In particular, the unboxed
functions is something I had to remove from ECL long time ago to
ensure correctness of closures and other stuff and I am extremely glad
you took the time to code it in the current ECL.

I will be reviewing it these days. Thanks again!
Regards,

Dpto. de Fisica Teorica I, Fac. de CC Fisicas, Universidad Complutense,
http://teorica.fis.ucm.es/~jjgarcia/