[Ecls-list] Windows Binary distribution or Visual Studio solution

Dave Roberts dave at vyatta.com
Mon Aug 28 21:05:51 UTC 2006

Julian Stecklina wrote:
> Slime works with ECL, but without all the bells and whistles other CL's
> provide. I.e. effective debugging is virtually impossible. I guess, it
> would be very helpful, if someone tought ECL to record at least some
> debugging info with DEBUG 3. Do we have a wishlist? ;)

I'd love to at least have SLIME be able to provide names of arguments. I
never realized how much I was dependent on that until I started using
ECL. Now I spend a lot of time back in CLHS just to figure out what
order various arguments come in. ECL seems to be able to provide it in
some instances (some of my own code, for instance) but not others. I'm
not exactly sure where the split between behavior occurs, however? C
primitives don't keep any parameter info, perhaps?

-- Dave