[Ecls-list] VC8 : strnlen dllimport function not allowed

Goffioul Michael goffioul at imec.be
Wed Aug 16 08:35:39 UTC 2006

________________________________

	From: ecls-list-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:ecls-list-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Dean
O'Connor
	Sent: Monday 14 August 2006 11:57
	To: ecls-list at lists.sourceforge.net
	Subject: [Ecls-list] VC8 : strnlen dllimport function not
allowed

	I had a stab at compiling ECL using 64 bit Windows (VC8)
compiler. The version is 0.9i from the tarball I think.
	Have ECL_THREADS = 1.
	I added a few compiler flags to both Makefile and gmp/Makefile
(see below) to shut VC8 up a bit.

	The error that stops the compiler is:
	error C2491: 'strnlen' : definition of dllimport function not
allowed

	Anyone tried this ?

I think I also had that problem (but didn't commit the fix to CVS...).
You should be able
to solve this by adding /DHAVE_STRNLEN to msvc/gmp/Makefile, at the
CFLAGS
macro definition.

Michael.