[Ecls-list] ecl-0.9i build fails on NetBSD/sparc

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Sun Aug 13 17:27:09 UTC 2006

2006/8/13, Eric Radman <theman at eradman.com>:

> So far ECL has built without issue for me on NetBSD/i386 and
> NetBSD/amd64, but it does fail on NetBSD/sparc while the ECL core is
> building the Lisp functions: [...]
> It appears that it's crashing on SIMPLE-PROGRAM-ERROR, but I'm not sure.
> Are there some simple steps I can take to diagnose this further?

I can only advice to build ECL with debug flags (Set CFLAGS at configuration
time) and use gdb to debug the compilation process. Just get yourself in the
build/ directory, launch gdb, source .gdbinit and type

run  <--- this makes ECL run
(load "compile")  <-- this is already from the ECL prompt.

.gdbinit sets breakpoints in several functions related to errors.

TIA,