[Ecls-list] OpenBSD testing

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll lisp at arrakis.es
Tue Apr 11 05:07:01 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-04-09 at 13:14 -0500, martin at magusdata.com wrote:
> I'm new to ECL and would like to assist by getting an OpenBSD port
> going. Lisp support on OpenBSD is currently not so great.
> On a current i386 system ECL builds, but dumps core at runtime. Below
> is gdb backtrace, and please advise if other output is desired.

There is a problem with the old garbage collector, which seems the only
one that works in OpenBSD, as the latest versions of the Boehm-Weiser
gc. do not work in this operating system. I keep working on fixing this.
Help with either issue (old or B-W garbage collector) welcome :-) OTOH,
I have a copy of OpenBSD running under qemu, so testing of ECL on this
platform is no longer a problem.

Max-Planck-Institut für Quantenoptik
Hans-Kopfermann-Str. 1, Garching, D-85748, Germany
Phone: +49 89 32905 345   Fax: +49 89 32905 336
http://www.mpq.mpg.de/Theorygroup/CIRAC/