[Ecls-list] Thanks for the embedding answers!

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll lisp at arrakis.es
Sat Apr 8 16:52:06 UTC 2006

Bruce O'Neel dijo:
> One final question.  Does this all work if I don't build ecl with
> threads?  Ie, does the --enable-threads=yes option only enable
> threading within ECL?  Or is this necessary if I'm going to embed ECL
> within a threaded C program as well.

Multithreaded ECL means also the ability of having multiple environments.
Single-threaded ECL thus has a single environment which is kept in a
global variable and referenced directly. This provides an important speed
gain. Eventually somebody could find the multiple-environments feature
useful and extend it to a single threaded ECL.