[Ecls-list] Using Femlisp with ECL / Bug reports

Nicolas Neuss Nicolas.Neuss at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Sep 21 05:49:15 UTC 2005

Hello Juan Jose,

thank you very much for this patch.  This part of Femlisp does work now
with ECL (even the tests of this part are passing), and I think the hardest
part is done.  Nevertheless, there is still a problems: ECL yields a core
dump when compiling the file "femlisp/src/algebra/sparse.lisp".  I do not
know why (loading the definitions separately seems to work), and I wanted
to ask you to look at this directly.  Maybe you have some means to print
out some information which helps you to find out where it goes wrong.

It should be straightforward to compile Femlisp:

(1) Download:

  cvs -z3 -d:ext:anoncvs at savannah.nongnu.org:/cvsroot/femlisp co femlisp

(2) Configure:

  cd femlisp/
  make configure  # simply enter the full path to ecl at the first question

(3) Compile

  make femlisp

Alternatively to (2) and (3), loading the file "femlisp/start.lisp" into
ecl should also compile Femlisp.

Thanks again,

Nicolas.