[Ecls-list] Using Femlisp with ECL / Bug reports

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll lisp at arrakis.es
Mon Sep 19 02:36:05 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-09-05 at 17:06 +0200, Nicolas Neuss wrote:
> Nicolas Neuss <Nicolas.Neuss at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de> writes:
>
> > In the meantime I have changed my code (locally, not yet in CVS) and
> > compilation does not stop anymore because of this bug.  Unfortunately,
> > ECL breaks later when compiling a rather complicated construct for which
> > I did not yet succeed with constructing a small sample.
>
> Here is the reduced sample
>
> (defmethod gemm-nn! ((alpha number) x y (beta number) z)
>   (macrolet ((matrix-loop (bindings &rest body)
> 	       nil))
>     (matrix-loop ((z :col-index))
> 		 nil)
>     z))

Hi,

It has taken me quite some time, but finally I got rid of the code
walker in ECL. There should be no significant penalty in any kind of
CLOS code, except for slot access, which is now faster when using
accessors than when using SLOT-VALUE. The reason is that I had to remove
some optimizations that were arguably insecure when combined with the
possibility of redefining classes.

BTW, I just arrived from several trips abroad including holidays and
conferences and it will take me some time to catch up with the errors
and problems reported in the mailing list.

Regards,