[Ecls-list] Using Femlisp with ECL / Bug reports

Julian Stecklina der_julian at web.de
Thu Oct 27 09:37:51 UTC 2005

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 11:27:21 +0200
Nicolas Neuss <Nicolas.Neuss at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de> wrote:

> Not yet, but I would like to make it so.  I have run it on a 32 node
> cluster (each node having 2 AMD processors with 2GB RAM), but
> unfortunately only as a serial application.  Using two processors for
> some computationally intensive parts should be easily possible.
> Using all nodes would need a reasonable MPI interface.

It should not be complicated to whip up a small MPI interface for
testing. But I am quite puzzled how to implement the fancy datatype
stuff of MPI, e.g. sending a column of a 2D double array and
receive it as row. (Is this possible with MPI?) But having the datatype
functions wrapped using convenience macros would simplify a lot of
things. Just dreaming... Seems like I have to write my homework tasks
in C and Fortran (yak!) anyway. ;)

Regards,
--
Julian Stecklina

When someone says "I want a programming language in which I
need only say what I wish done," give him a lollipop. - Alan Perlis